Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Home sweet home

I just moved into my new house in Rochester, which I'm sharing with 3 others who already live here: two girls (Celeste and Meredith) who are grad students in the BCS (Brain and Cognitive Science) department, plus Meredith's boyfriend Cameron.

They're all really nice. Celeste came to pick me up at the airport, and when we got home, Cameron was out on the porch roof washing my windows while Meredith was finishing up dinner for us all. After dinner, the three of them plus another BCS grad student helped me lug all of my crap from the first floor (where they'd let me store it for all of June) to the second!

I like my new house! It's pretty old, but in a nice way, with molding on the walls and stained glass on the landing between the first and second floors. I had a nice uh-oh moment when I realized that none of the plugs in my room were grounded, but my housemates soon dug up a bunch of converters for me. See? I told you they were nice.

Tomorrow is errand running - I need a NY license, which means handing in my Texas one (sad!) - and Rochester exploring. Hooray! On Friday, Henry's coming up to visit for the long weekend. Hooray! And then I start work on Monday. Hooray!

Being a real person is exciting, at least for the first few hours.

2 comments:

  1. I finally got my new Texas license after my old one got stolen in Nicaragua, and they are really weird looking. It looks like a fake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Indiana has been rejected before, and it's very real. Luckily, now I'm in China, where the idea of carding is a joke. People laugh. Haha.

    ReplyDelete