Wednesday, July 15, 2009

All look same

Today at the Norfolk Chamber Music Festival, a very accomplished and world-renowned French hornist approached me. I was flattered that he would pick me out to introduce himself to me. He asked me how I was as he walked toward me. I started to reply "Good, how are you?" when he began to move in a little too close, so as to give me a hug. I instinctively backed away, and he definitely looked puzzled. He awkwardly asked, "Should I not hug you?" with the most quizzical look ever. I paused for a moment, thinking he would realize his mistake, when for a good 20 seconds he did not. So I said, "I'm sorry I don't think I am who you think I am." It took him a few seconds to figure out the situation. He profusely apologized, saying, "Oh dear! I'm so sorry! I thought you were Sarita!" Sarita, while is Asian and actually looks a little like me, is in fact 10 years older than me, taller by at least a foot, a professor at Yale, and from Australia. The French hornist told me it had been a while since his glasses had been updated and this was a clear sign he needed to get a new pair.

Thank you world.

I miss you all!
Annie
ps. i gotta figure out a way to do a digital Mickey!

1 comment: