Thursday, July 9, 2009

Domestic Diva

So, I haven't had much to do at home; therefore, I decided that I would try my hand at being a domestic diva by learning how to cook. The problem is, entrees don't excite me enough to be worth my time cooking while I have someone else (i.e. Mom and Dad) there to cook for me. However, things like dessert we only get if I cook them. Here is a list of what I have cooked so far and their relative successes:

Snickerdoodle cookies - these may have been the best damn cookies I've ever tasted. We devoured them

Peanut butter cookies - good, but not nearly as good as the snickerdoodles

Raspberry and Thin Mint homemade ice cream - hand cranked for the 4th of July festivities in Jefferson. It didn't place, but I think it should have. Really damn good.

Peach cobbler - complete disaster but not my fault. I followed Paula Dean's recipe because it was the easiest one I could find, but you couldn't taste the peaches though all the butter.

Chocolate mousse - good (anything would have been good after the cobbler), but I think I maybe burned the chocolate a little bit or something - it wasn't completely smooth and had little bits of chocolate sprinkled grittily throughout.

Also, I broke the kitchen faucet in my house last night. Granted it was already a little broken but I gave it the final nudge it needed to completely fall apart. Oops. Guess it's a good time to move out. New Orleans here I come! God, I've got a ton of packing left to do.

1 comment:

  1. Gasp! So much cooking! I'm impressed. How many extra pans did you end up greasing?

    ReplyDelete