Wednesday, July 15, 2009

(soon to be) on the road again

ROAD TRIPPPPPPPPP was awesome. I am planning a more extensive post later - maybe co-written with Carly? Hmm. But it was sweet. We saw 4 bears! and 20 (ish) states! and lots of 09! Alex in Pho-town, Rosa in Austin, Rita in Houston, Greg in Memphis... it was lovely.

Here is a picture:It's at the Marfa Prada, in West Texas. It was my favorite roadside attraction by farrrrr. It's a Prada store but it doesn't actually sell stuff. I love it.

Here is another picture:

It's a bison and it's not using the camera's zoom. We were just minding our own business when he trotted our way (I locked the doors, fyi, obviously) and started rubbing himself on these wooden posts. Conclusions: all animals just want to be rubbed, and bison are adorable.

Here is yet another picture:Here we are in front of the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon National Park. It was like a different planet but definitely one of the cooler hikes we did. Look at those things! Wtf!

But alas, the great American road trip is over. Well, this leg, at least. In the (sad, sad) days since Carly left me for the East coast, I've been planning my hike of the John Muir Trail! It's been pretty good, so far - some small fighting with dad but it's no big thang. I'm mostly just getting psyched for the trip! It's my dad, my sister, Robin and me - we've all hiked together before so we know it'll work in that respect. Now I just have to keep telling myself that yes, of course I can walk 220 miles with a 40-50 lb backpack on! Of course!!

So yeah, now the people at my local outdoor store recognize me. I got an, "Oh hey, it's you again!" when I bought bug spray today. It's not so bad to be recognized there, I guess.

ps I feel old - no more facebook OR oci. ahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment