Friday, July 10, 2009

Cooking, Cleaning and Finding a Job

I gotta say, despite Rosa's depressing post about being a real person sucking, I'm loving being a real person.

I took a page out of Rebecca's book and tried being a domestic diva -- SUCESS! A day of cooking later, I have many delicious things frozen in my freezer. Who'd have thunk? And unlike living in a dorm room, I have a real kitchen, with a real full sized fridge (!) and dishwasher and sink and al of the other things that go in a kitchen. yes! And when it came time to clean up my mess, we had real cleaning supplies -- i wasn't scrambling around trying to use paper towels and clorox wipes.

Speaking of cleaning, that was my other task in my first few days of living in DC (woo! unemployed! lots of free time!). I'm living in a house w/ 4 other people -- 3 guys, 2 gals (including me). At least 2 of the guys have lived her for almost a year, and they didn't own a vacuum/broom. Oy. So I went and bought of those and now the house is rather nice. :)


At the moment I'm still looking for a job, but things are looking up. I have 2 serious job prospects, that I'm hoping will pan out. More info in a week or so, when hopefully one will be more concrete. I'm also doing some freelance research assistant type stuff for my boss from last summer. That means lots of time over the past few days sitting at my desk and writing -- it's like college! Except with air conditioning. And getting paid.

Any of you coming through DC (CARLY? MONICA?) should drop by. We have a couch you can sleep on!

1 comment:

  1. Aw! That wasn't meant to be depressing. It was more, "see how annoyingly stupid bureaucracy can be?"

    ReplyDelete