Wednesday, July 15, 2009

updates vaguely more relevant to my life next year


I am a little bitter that this posts things at the time when you start typing, instead of when you hit "publish"- because I definitely didn't write most of the last post at 7:20.   Monica did, in fact, beat me to publishing her post.

Just wanted to add that before we left, I got an apartment for next year!  So you'll all have somewhere to crash for the game.  It's in the 9th square, just on the other side of the tall buildings on the Green. 116 Court St, to be precise. The place is furnished and comes with a flat screen TV, desks, a stocked kitchen, and sweet views of the Green!  And it was a sweet price.  I'm on the 11th floor, which is also awesome, and explains the sweet views.

I'll be living with a girl named Yeney, pronounced ja-Nay.  She's also an incoming 1L, right out of undergrad, from Duke/Miami/Cuba, in reverse chronological order.  She seems quite nice, though very quiet- I'm a little worried that she'll be a "constantly stressed out at law school" person, but that's probably fine.   She seems way more worried about school next year than I am, and I'm reasonably studious... I'm very aware that I'll be doing a ton of work, but the fact that YLS is just plain pass/fail first year means that I'm much more excited than anxious.  That said, I'm excited about her, and we're looking forward to learning how to cook together.  

Steve has already claimed my bed for the Game.  Just FYI.  Sigh.

Ok, have a great night!  And I'm going to post one further picture from our trip:




Hooray!  I don't know why my font just turned blue.  Oh well.  We thought you guys would want some representation at Graceland.  Elvis lives.  Rock on.



2 comments:

  1. and that is why i bring a sharpie everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I intend to visit Graceland on my own epic road trip in September; I shall have to seek this rock out. Hopefully the marker survives the rain and the attentions of the clean freaks of Memphis...if there are any clean freaks in the South.

    ReplyDelete