Monday, June 15, 2009

One Day Down, Five Hundred-Ish To Go

So, today was my first day of work (am I the first/one of the first ones to actually start post-undergrad life?) and it was exhausting. The NIH has a huge campus and since I'm working in the largest building (the clinical research hospital), there was a helluva lot of walking to and from places. I'm really excited about the work I'll be doing (I'm initially signed up to work on two studies: an fMRI study on the effects of oxytocin on children with autism and a comprehensive diagnostic study investigating autism subtypes - the largest of its kind anywhere). It's the government so I get to work in incredible facilities with state-of-the-art equipment and resources not available to private institutions. However, it's the government and I have forms and trainings up the wa-zoo to do. And I'm still technically apartment hunting for when Ned and I will be reunited in July. It was a nine hour training day today. Oh well, time to get dinner and go to bed since I have to be there at 6:30 tomorrow morning to sign up for a fingerprinting/criminal record check to be had some late evening.

I love and miss you all!

P.S. Of the 12 research assistants, 2 of us are male.

No comments:

Post a Comment