Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm Not Homeless!

Yay! I finally found and signed for an apartment this weekend. I've moved most of my stuff in. I bought a bed. Now, I just need a paycheck...or twenty. Work has been going amazing this week, now that I sorta know what's going on. I've been averaging 10 hours a day this week (skipping lunch twice), meeting with patients, guiding them through medical/neuropsychological tests, and looking at their data. Thursday and Friday were rarities in which we had two all-day/overnight patients, so I got in before 8 and didn't leave until 8 PM. I don't mind at all...except that it took over an hour to get home. I dunno if anyone heard, but there was a terrible accident on the D.C. Metro line last week (it made national news...for like two days until Jacko died and stole the limelight). As a result, all trains are running on manuel and there are less trains running, so platforms and train cars are PACKED and further apart. I've been unable to squeeze in a few times and had to wait another 15 minutes for the next (and this is during rush hour when they normally come every 4-6). Craigslist is becoming my new best friend for used furniture and best yet: Ned is coming in just over a week.

No more sleeping alone!

3 comments:

  1. Still homeless...but congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you're ahead of me...I still don't have a bed after 2 years. long story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like DC could use some Japanese subway packers: http://jamesfallows.theatlantic.com/Chikatetsu.jpg

    ReplyDelete