Sunday, June 14, 2009

Apartment!

So after an epic day and a half of apartment hunting in New Orleans with my mom, I've found the absolute perfect apartment! It's a duplex in the Garden District (read: NICE), and it's huge and amazing and gorgeous! I've got a front and back porch, a back yard, hardwood floors, 14 foot ceilings, crown molding, living room, dining room, kitchen, and bedroom, plus all major appliances including washer and dryer! I'm ridiculously excited about it because I got it for a steal and is way better than all the other places I was looking at. Before I found it I was considering renting an apartment in a complex that felt remarkably like a nursing home for $150 more. And today I got my graduation present from my parents - furniture to go in my new place!

Gah, I guess it's really beginning to set it that I'll be entering the real world really soon. But I'm excited for it, if still quite a bit scared. I hope all y'all are doing well, and you have an open invitation to visit me in my sweet pad once I move in!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the apartment! I just did my own hunting in Philly--it's tough, but finding that RIGHT APARTMENT is so rewarding. Can't wait to visit you at your new place in Nawlins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh i wish we were gonna be in new orleans post move-in! but hooray for finding a place and i will let you know if we find any sweet places in new orleans for you to check out.

    ReplyDelete