Thursday, June 18, 2009

I am gainfully employed!

Holy crap you guys, I got a job!!! (wait, you wonder, didn't she ALREADY get a job? And why has she been getting up at 5 a.m. for the last two weeks if not for her job?)

No, see, I'd already gotten into Teach for America, but today I found out about my actual placement, i.e. where I'll be leaving and teaching for the next two years. It was especially up in the air because I'm teaching music, so I really had no idea what subject or age I would get! For the last couple of weeks I've been waiting to find out, really wanting elementary school music and thinking "Dear god, please don't make me teach middle school choir." Aaaand today I found out:

For the next two years, I will be teaching music at Elzy Elementary in Greenwood, Mississippi: the Cotton Capital of the World! It has a population of about 18,000, which makes it a big city as far as I'm concerned. It even has a "Historic Downtown!"

Anyway, so I'm very excited that I finally have a placement (now you can all stop asking me every two days, ahem Steve and Chris) and that it sounds so great! Now, all of you are going to come visit me, right?

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Now how far is that from New Orleans??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. Dave might have something to say about that comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, man, elementary school? It looks like I won't be visiting since I can't come within 300 feet of an elementary school :-( ... or a Chuck E. Cheese :-( x 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coop: only about 5 hours according to Google Maps! I'm definitely coming at some point.

    Steve: eh? Which comment?

    Alex: probably for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, great! You're a little farther from Philly, I think... but I'm going to try to visit my sister in Atlanta next year, which is almost next door, right?

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats! Hope those teacher clothes worked out for ya! I bet it'll be waaay hot very soon!

    ReplyDelete