Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bonjour and hola!

Hi! This past month has been ridiculous - I've driven to Myrtle and Rochester and flown to Boston and Europe. Henry and I just got back from 11 days in France and Spain. We hit Paris, Avignon, Montpellier, Barcelona, Aranjuez, and Madrid. It was wonderful, and I'm full of stories that I wish I could tell y'all.

Like how every tortilla we had in Spain reminded me of when we had tortillas together in New Haven's Barcelona. And how the only other times in my life in which I've eaten so much bread were Deadweeks when we lived off Atticus's leavings. Or how we saw Duffito's Spanish twin in a toy store window. I took a picture of him for Andrew, and I have a picture of a yarn store for Rita and a penguin with a mug of beer for Steve. And lots of candy pictures, of course.

I had expected to fly back to Austin at the end of the week, but Henry and I ended up signing on for Duffy's movie thing, as he is currently jobless, and the $400 couldn't hurt after I emptied my savings account for Europe. So I'm in Boston until Sunday, and then I'll be in New York next week as a fake YUBer, which will be weird and logistically difficult. But I'm excited to see people. I don't suppose any of y'all are going? Or will be in New York then? I wish Duffy had sent out an actual roster. It may end up being me, Henry, Duffy, and lots of random people because all the actual YUBers around have jobs.

I'll be back in Austin at the end of the month, and I officially move to Rochester on the 1st of July and start work on the 6th.

I started to type that I'd be back home, but that didn't feel quite right. Do I still get to call Austin home? Yale isn't home anymore (by the way, I don't know how all you dorm-dwellers did it. Less than 24 hours from diploma to getting kicked out?), but Rochester isn't home yet...

I miss you all! It made me happy to see the threads about email addresses and Skype names - need to add myself to that list - and reminded me to check this out to see what y'all have been up to. Lots of love and happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment