Wednesday, August 5, 2009

First day of school!

...well, sort of. First day of school for the kiddos, but not for Ms. Alway. See, "activities" (i.e. music, art, and PE) won't start until the schedules for the regular classroom teachers are all set--so while the kidlets will be in school tomorrow, I won't start teaching until Monday. So tomorrow, I'm going to put on my best grown-up jacket (in a most-likely-vain attempt to look older than 22), and go to school in order to...something. Everyone I've asked has been most unclear on exactly what I'm supposed to do tomorrow. Or where I'm supposed to be. Or what students I will have, at what time, starting Monday.

I am excited to start teaching, though! Even more excited because today my principal told me that she has a good lead on getting me a trailer where I can have my very own classroom. Did I tell you guys about that? This year they're combining two elementary schools into one, so on account of the crowding there's no room for a music room. That's right, Ms. Alway is the traveling music cart lady, going from class to class! For now, at least. I never thought I would be SO VERY EXCITED about the prospect of a hand-me-down trailer.

Anyway, organizational issues and homelessness aside, life is pretty good. More settled than it was (I have a house! With pictures of your smiling faces on the walls!), but still sort of chaotic. I think things will settle down soon, though. And oh! I miss you guys a lot!

(also: good luck tomorrow, Coop!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment