Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tsunami

I'm in Indiana.
I'm with Mother.
I'm hungry...I'm going to eat a pudding.

*kitchen break*

Pudding has been consumed.
It was banana pudding-esque.
Life is sufficient.

My room is a shitshow...I guess that's appropriate: I'm moving to China in t-minus 15 days and am slowly sifting through my life, packing this, trashing that, getting stuff ready to move to the local Goodwill.

I just got home yesterday after a day on the road. Before that, I was at a camp in Madison, CT, for Yale-China orientation. We got lessons on teaching to a foreign audience, talked about moving overseas, ate yummy Chinese food, talked about "football" with the awesome Brits on staff, conquered (kind of) rope courses and other group bonding-type stuff, and generally hung out. It was a total blast. The people are awesome, and I think that I'm going to find teaching (and having total latitude over my curriculum) to be nothing short of a blast. I'm super-psyched for the next two years.

Anywho, back to packing and watching "A Few Good Men"...I could really use that right about now...

Zaijian!

-cy

No comments:

Post a Comment