Sunday, May 31, 2009

Life in the middle of nowhere

Is just about as exciting as you would expect. Highlights of today include:

-A trip "into town" to get groceries (by "town," I mean "2000 people," which is what passes for a booming metropolis around here).
-Chasing the dog out of the compost bin. Over and over.
-Finally setting up my gmail account for real! I know, I am behind the times as always.
-Doing a LOT of reading about classroom management, lesson planning, etc that I was assigned by TFA months ago and of course am just starting now.

I'm leaving for Mississippi on Thursday! Pretty excited, pretty nervous. I know institute (aka TFA's teacher-training boot camp, where I'll spend most of my summer) is going to be really hard. Also, EVERY SINGLE PERSON at home who I have told about my plans has said "Wow, Mississippi! It's going to be really humid down there, you know!" No, really? I had no idea! Thanks for enlightening me!

Expect pictures of me and my enormous hair soon. Hope you are all doing well!

wait, p.s. Does anyone remember how we're supposed to set up our aya email accounts? I forgot and I think I deleted the email.

No comments:

Post a Comment