Monday, November 2, 2009

being a grownup, kinda

This weekend, AJ and I took a little trip out to "wild and wonderful" West Virginia. We visited Harper's Ferry, which is currently celebrating the 150th anniversary of John Brown's raid. This is us standing in front of the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah, which was really pretty, all decked out in fall foliage and hilly prettiness.
We had a great time, but felt pretty off the generational average-- the youngest folks were infants and toddlers, and the oldest were grandparents. But the next oldest set (aside from us) was that 28-35 set of couples, of which we are decidedly not a part. It reminded me how young we still are, really.... sometimes I feel old, and then real life pokes me and reminds me that is really quite absurd.

Anyway, I'm really missing you all, and can't wait for The Game! I can't be there until late evening on Friday, but better late than never!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Harper's Ferry...first stop on my trip out West, and really interesting. Not only does North meet South there, but it's kind of where the West began (at least in Lewis and Clark's day). And no, we're not that old...being among fellow grad students in their late 20s and even (gasp!) 30s has taught me that:-)

    ReplyDelete